Meadowfoot Cemetery lies approximately one mile from the village in a quiet, sheltered, peaceful spot, encircled by trees.
The graveyard dates from 1751 and the first person laid to rest there was a child, William Philip Minder. He died on the 2nd April 1751 aged just 10 months.
Meadowfoot lies in the shadow of the spoil heap which, in its own way, is a lasting memorial to the miners who lived, worked and died at Wanlockhead. Before Wanlockhead had its own graveyard, coffins had to be transported 13km (8 miles) by horse and cart to Sanquhar for burial.
Meadowfoot Cemetery is registered as a Commonwealth War Graveyard. It is well tended and a tranquil spot in which to reflect. The gravestones have all been transcribed in a book, which is available in the Museum shop.