Meadowfoot Cemetery lies approximately one mile from the village in a quiet, sheltered, peaceful spot, encircled by trees. The graveyard dates from 1751 and the first person laid to rest there was a child, William Philip Minder who died on the 2nd April 1751 aged just 10 months.
Meadowfoot lies in the shadow of the spoil heap which, in its own way is a lasting memorial to the miners who lived, worked and died at Wanlockhead. Before Wanlockhead had its own graveyard, coffins had to be transported 8 miles (13km) to Sanquhar for burial.
The graveyard is well tended and is a tranquil spot in which to reflect. The gravestones have all been transcribed in a book, which is available in the Museum shop.